Thursday, July 21, 2011

Good Readers and Good Writers Analysis: Post #8

My reaction to this essay is logical. I learned some new aspects and methods about reading and writing. This will improve my intellect when writing and reading. At first I did not like the author's tone. I thought he was arrogant and a know-it-all. However, I read it a few more times and knew that the author was just trying to educate the audience. I think this essay was complicated, too.There were also moments when I was reading the essay when I did not understand what the author was saying. However, once again, I re-read it like Nabokov suggested and understood it more. I am not a huge fan of this essay because it lacks personal connection. It was not emotional, so I though it was pretty boring. If I liked more informative essays it would be better and easier to read for me. I did not have an emotional reaction to this essay because it did not have any personal connections to me. I felt as if it was an essay strictly about improving audience education. There is nothing wrong with that, but it is not my favorite thing to read for recreation. However, it is a good essay to read when in school.

Bibliography! :
Nabokov, Vladimir. "Good Readers and Good Writers." Lectures on Literature. New York: Plurabelle Books, 1946

1 comment:

  1. And what would he say about your lack of emotional connection to the piece? :-)

    ReplyDelete